There’s a lot to pack into kindergarten classes: literacy, numeracy, science, language, art, and social studies, not to mention helping students to develop their social and emotional skills.
But don’t panic — we’ve got you covered! The Kami Library has a wide range of free kindergarten worksheets to use in your lesson plans. Our worksheets are printable, or you can use them online with your students and edit them as required.
Here’s an overview of some of the fantastic templates for worksheets and flashcards that you’ll find in our kindergarten collection.
Kindergarten is the place to learn all the building blocks of phonics, reading comprehension, and writing before heading to first grade. In the Kami Library you’ll find:
- Letter worksheets that introduce both lowercase letters and uppercase letters. Our alphabet worksheets can also be used as tracing worksheets to help with letter formation.
- Alphabet workbooks so learners can work through each letter including activities for letter tracing for small and capital letters and writing letters.
- Worksheets for phonics, including CVC words to help children learn concepts like beginning sounds, rhyming words, and blends.
- Dolch sight word worksheets
There is also a range of writing worksheets to spark children’s imagination with writing prompts as well as a chance to practice their handwriting.
Our kindergarten math worksheets include:
- subtraction and addition worksheets with word problems
- counting worksheets and number line worksheets to develop math skills including number bonds, place value, skip counting, and sequencing
- number worksheets to teach number recognition and missing numbers
- shapes worksheets which can help to introduce fractions
Worksheets for fine motor skills
Coloring worksheets help children to practice their fine motor skills and create colorful artwork to decorate your classroom. Pick one of our general coloring pages or choose a theme to mark a special day of the year. Kami can help your kindergartners celebrate:
The Kami Library has a range of worksheets to help you mark these occasions in class with different activities like word searches and coloring pages.
Worksheets to keep your class on track
As well as worksheets for learning activities, our kindergarten section also has free printable worksheets to help you keep your class on track throughout the year.
There are also several editable worksheets that help you track students’ learning including bubble maps and our fun graffiti wall template.
You can find all our free printable kindergarten worksheets by clicking K in the grades section or narrow your search by subject type or keyword. You might also want to check out our pre-k worksheets, especially if you have students who are still struggling a little with the basics.
And remember, we love to hear how teachers are using our templates for kindergarten students and any ideas you have for new ones, so feel free to share your thoughts.